Thursday, July 23, 2009

Marrius vs. Kgoreham

Well, I finally got the game I wanted to have against Mr. Goreham. I have to say I was very pleased on how my friendly little list went up against his competitive list. The game was a pitched battle capture and control. At the end of turn five it ended up in a draw since I wasnt in range to take out his veteran squad holding his objective and he couldnt take out my infantry platoon holding mine. Although he could have if he was able to get that Hellhound of his close enough. So these are the things I gained from playing against Kgoreham:

1)Hellhounds
How much I hate going against them. They were the biggest thorn in my armies side. If he was able to get just one of his hellhounds to fire upon my infantry platoon holding my objective I couldnt do anything since I was relying so heavily on the 2+ Cover Saves I was getting do to the order "Incoming!" and being inside trenches.

2)10-man Stormtroopers
They are not worth taking if your going against IG. As much as I love them and knowing how well they have done for me in the past they finally made me question them. Im probably going to go down to the 5-man Stormtrooper Squad with two meltas some day but for now Im just going to keep on using them as a 10-man squad. I still want to try not deep striking them one game and see how they do.

3)My Amry List
Honestly, I expected to lose this game but I thankfully came out with a draw. My list did better than what I expected and I believe what Mr. Goreham expected. I will be creating and building up towards a competitive list soon so that I can give Mr. Goreham more of a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment